Monday, March 23, 2020

Recent Buy and Dividend Increase: Realty Income

I wasn't planning on making any stock purchases for a while.  I had my sights set on other things for the nonce, but nooo.  The market had to start beckoning with all of these buying opportunities.  So, fine, I'll ride the roller coaster down the big drop.

I pulled the trigger on a purchase and added another share of Realty Income (O) to my portfolio.  As a result of that contemptible COVID-19 outbreak, the company's stock has dropped substantially (along with...just about every other's).  I'm actually surprised.  With all of the talk about how people are going to need reliable monthly income to get them over the rough patch, you'd think that investors would be flocking TO the company, not cashing in the stocks.  It works to my advantage, I suppose, but it's still bizarre.

Not bizarre, however, is the recent announcement of a dividend increase.  It's tiny, as usual.  I believe it's $0.2225 to $0.223.  Between that and DRIP, the dividend is projected to increase a penny and this purchase adds about $0.95 to my annual forward income.  Nothing drastic, but it does add a little nudge to that monthly dividend snowball.

The total was about $45 as far as the purchase goes, so yeah, it's a freaking steal at this point.








                                                "Buy" by Got Credit is licensed under CC BY 2.0 














Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment