Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Robinhood buys: 1/6/21



 Lately, I've glossed over the buys I've made on Robinhood due to the fact that they are small and numerous.  I'm hoping to change that (the glossing, the Robinhood buy system I'm running on will remain intact) and, rather than clutter the dividend post, I'm going to make individual posts to showcase my activity.  This also achieves something else that I've been wanting to do and get more content out on a more regular basis.  So, with that, let's get on with the show.

Vanguard Total Market ETF (VTI):    $7

Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF (VYM): $7

Vanguard S&P 500 Index (VOO):  $7

Vanguard US REIT Fund (VNQ): $7

Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (VIG): $7

Vanguard Utilities ETF (VPU): $7


Yeah, it's a Vanguard day.  I tend to mentally group my Robinhood portfolio into sections so that when I buy, the same clusters get a boost. 

Normally, I've shied away from talking about actual dollars deployed because it seems a bit strange.  I'm doing so here, though, for two reasons.  The first is that it's a lot easier than dealing with all of those digits past the decimal.  I'm also hoping that this will help illustrate a point. 

How much did this boost my forward income? I actually don't know.  It wasn't a big move, by any stretch, but it is a move nonetheless and it does get me one step closer to the overall goal.

The portfolio has not been updated, and likely won't be until the end of the month when all of the buys and dividends have had a chance to make their impact.

So yeah, that was my little opening salvo for 2021.  There will be more to come, though, no doubt.



Click here to open an account on Robinhood

No comments:

Post a Comment