Tuesday, October 22, 2019

August 2018 Dividend Income: 401 Que?

Thus another month comes to an end.  It's weird to think that 2018 is coming to a close, but I am getting pretty pumped for 2019.  Stuff is on the horizon and I have a feeling it's going to be a good year. 

In the meantime, however, let's look at the last month. 

I pulled in a whopping $6.83 in dividends.  That's an all time high!  I'm kind of being facetious here, but I'm quite pleased with the numbers so far. 

Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) paid out $1.98.

Sprague Resources LP (SRLP) paid out $3.34.

And Hi-Crush rounded it out with $1.50.

Speaking of Hi-Crush, this month's purchase added a few more shares of said company to my portfolio.  It brought my forward income to just under $60. 

Unlike the other purchases, I don't really have any personal knowledge of these companies.  They popped up more than once as I roamed various investing blogs and figured it couldn't hurt to add them to my own portfolio. The dividend payouts are actually quite solid and the stocks aren't terribly expensive.  The downside is that this gives them a high yield, which is apparently not what you want. 

I don't think these companies are bombing out or anything, but generally (from what I've read) the lower dividend yields are more stable investments.  It's good to know going forward, but at the same time, I'm not disappointed with the numbers as of yet.

As far as interest income goes, it's up to $.65  There was some growth, but not as much as I would like.  That's largely due to shorter work hours in July hindering my ability to infuse new capital. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up the slack in the months to come. 

I think the biggest development for me this month was the activation of my 401K at one of my jobs.  The company does match some of your contribution, but I'm not eligible for that just yet.  As such, I'm just putting money in as a way to get the ball rolling.  The company tops you out at 10% of  your income, so naturally that's how much I'm putting in every week.  I've got some ground to make up on the retirement savings front, so hopefully that will help get me back on track. Added bonus, it already paid me a penny in dividends (for those of you who did the math and noticed the discrepancy.)  Not off to a bad start, all things considered.

It feels good, though.  Things are coming together and I'm seeing some pretty good momentum.  We've still got four months left in the year and, like I said, 2019 has a lot of awesome things in store.  This is gonna be fun. 






"stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 

















Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment