Thursday, October 17, 2019

July 2018 Dividend Income: Freddy Kroger

This month was a much more impressive showing.  I pulled in $6.14 from dividends.  This is largely due to the fact that I had more companies paying me this month.

Best Buy carried the lion's share of the weight, delivering $3.15 of the dividend income.  This is one of the few stocks that I had prior to launching this investing endeavor.  I bought the few shares I had back in high school and just held onto it.  I remember when I first started, the checks were like 96 cents, which was more amusing than anything else.  It's not exactly big money now, but dividend increases (and a split if I recall correctly) over the years have helped make it a more worthwhile hold.

Barnes and Noble (BKS) acted as a strong secondary, bringing in $2.85.  As noted in last month's entry, this was the company that really got the ball rolling.  The price is low, it pays a solid dividend, I love shopping/browsing there, and we need book stores.  We already lost Borders, so this has a nice balance in terms of reasons for me to invest.

Pulling up the rear is Armanino Foods (AMNF) with.....$0.14.  Yeah, this one isn't a big payer, but they make Italian food, which I like.  I learned of it from the Dividend Diplomats, one of whom also bought into the company.  The dividend isn't great, but the stock price is easy on the wallet and the company does have a personal connection to me as well.  Apparently, they also have decent numbers for a small company.  I'm not well versed in that aspect of investing, but I deferred to the Diplomats on that front.     

As far as interest income goes, I pulled in $0.58 cents.  It's not a bad jump from last month, at least I don't think so, but dividends do seem to be delivering the better return.  Still, I do intend to keep pumping more capital into those accounts at every opportunity to get that number higher.  No reason not to, really.

On a somewhat related note, I closed out July/kicked off August with a stock purchase.  As the title of the post would suggest, the purchase was Kroger (Kr).  I actually used to work for Dillon's, which fell under Kroger's umbrella.  It's a solid brand, as evidenced by the fact that the name has popped up on other DGI investor portfolios, and the purchase did add about $2.00 to my forward income (the amount in dividends an investor is projected to make over the next 12 months).  It's not a big increase, but the steps don't have to be large, they just have to be in the right direction, right?

That about wraps things up for this month.  I'm pleased with the results and I'm definitely looking forward to pushing ahead.  With the return of the snowbirds looming, I'm planning on sparking some significant growth in the months to come.  It should be fun.







"stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 















Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment