Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Recent Buy: Hormel

Up until now, I've included stock buys in the monthly dividend articles.  However, taking a cue from other investing bloggers, I'm going to try and make posts to chronicle purchases as I make them.  There are some benefits to this.  For one, it will create a better balance between the investing and miscellaneous content.  On top of that, it will allow for some new reading material as we progress through the great content migration.  New content is better than old content, yes? Yes.  I don't know if I'll do this for EVERY purchase.  Depending on the month, I might keep a few in my back pocket to toss into the dividend articles just to add some flavor, but we'll see how things play out.

So, what stock did I buy? I added a share of Hormel to the portfolio (as if the title didn't give it away.)  My original plan was to beef up my Armanino position.  I was going to buy either 1 share (because the idea of blogging about a $3.50 stock purchase is funny to me) or 4 (to make for a slightly more substantial money move and to bring my position up to an even 15 shares.)  However, E-Trade decided to try and attach their old commission fee to the purchase for some reason and screw that noise.  I guess I'll have to wait and make larger purchases on that position.  It's a pity, as that one seemed tailor made for my nickel and dime strategy.

All in all, the total came in under $50, so it was a pretty middle of the road purchase for me.  Not the smallest move I've made, but not the largest either.  It's one of those firm "C" purchases on the investing grading scale.  It boosted the forward income up by just under a dollar, so there's that too.

As can be expected, the purchase has been added to the portfolio.




Buy

"Buy" by Got Credit is licensed under CC BY 2.0 














Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment