Tuesday, December 3, 2019

October 2019 Dividend Income: Straight Cash Homie

With Halloween having come and gone, it's time to see whether the month of October delivered tricks or treats.  Let's do the dividend thing, shall we?

Pepsi (PEP): $0.96   Technically, this is a September payer, with an official listed payout date of 9/30.  However, as dividends don't appear in my account until the next day, this becomes an October payer.  It's odd, but it is what it is.

Iron Mountain: $1.87  Up $0.04 from last quarter due to DRIP
AGNC: $0.17   Same as last month.
Franklin Resources (BEN): $1.31  Up $0.79 due to new shares bought and DRIP
Bed, Bath, and Beyond (BBBY): $0.68
Realty Income (O): $0.70   Same as last month.  I was going to lament the fact that even the combination of DRIP and a dividend increase wasn't enough to move the needle, however, next month's payment is projected to have that one cent uptick, as such, I can roll with it.

Armanino (AMNF): $0.28 same as last quarter.


All in all, that brings us to $5.97.  With the 401K throwing in an extra $0.50 we get a total of $6.47.  This total is actually down over a quarterly basis.  It's annoying, but there wasn't much I could do about it.  Just as Best Buy contributed to last month's growth, so too does it account for the QoQ shrinkage here.  Annually, the total is only up $0.26.  The Barnes and Noble loss had a lot to do with that figure, giving me yet another reason to be vexed by that whole fiasco.

That being said, I do think my portfolio is a lot stronger now than it was then.  As such, I can shake it off for the most part.

Interest payments clocked in at $3.90, which is up $0.07 from last month.

October purchases were as follows.

1 share of Kinder Morgan (KMI)
1 share of Tanger Factory Outlet (SKT)
1 share of Sprague Resources (SRLP)
1 share of Bloomin' Brands (BLMN)
1 share of Westrock (WRK)

Can you tell I'm not paying brokerage commission fees anymore?  It looks absurd, but really, this development is great for a small timer like myself.  I can nickel and dime my way up; plus, those "work annoyed me" purchases won't be so much of a detriment. 

My original plan was to just buy 5 shares of SRLP, but I figured this was the better way to go.  That company accounts for a large portion of my income already.  It's funny, lately I've been trying to find companies that don't pay in the mid-quarter months, as that segment is so far ahead of the other months.  This time, however, I zeroed in on those specific companies so that I could hit a milestone.  I'm pretty sure I hit it, but we'll see next month.

I have started keeping cash on me.  It helps keep the credit card balance down.  While I pay them in full to avoid interest and there's no rebate incentive, it is nice not seeing that number creep up as the week or month progresses.  On top of that, stockpiling loose change is a longstanding savings technique, so that's pretty cool.  I've also used this as an impetus to do the Ramsey/Hogan envelope thing.  It's working pretty well so far.

That wraps things up for this month.  Considering October is supposed to be one of the rougher months for wall street, this went pretty smoothly.  Next month is the mid-quarter, though, and that's always the heavy hitter for me.  Definitely looking forward to that post.







                            "stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 
















Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment