Saturday, November 30, 2019

July 2019 Dividend Income: Holla at Your Boy! I Gets Money!

July has passed us by and August is upon us.  As such, it is time to look back at what dividends came in over the past four-ish weeks.  Let's do it.


Best Buy(BBY) : $3.50            up $0.35 from last year due to dividend increase.
Iron Mountain (IRM): $1.83   up $1.22 from last quarter due to new shares bought and a bit of DRIP
AGNC: $0.16                          same as last month
Franklin Resources (BEN): $0.52    same as last quarter
Realty Income (O): $0.70      up a penny!
Armanino (AMNF): $0.28    same as last quarter

That brings our sub-total up to $6.99.  That's an $0.85 increase from last year.  Not nearly as impressive as last month's but it's still going in the right direction.  Barnes and Noble changing their payout month threw things off pretty hard, as that is one of my portfolio's heavy hitters, but what can you do?

The 401K threw in an extra $0.42 cents, which is up $0.07 from last quarter.

Thus the grand dividend total is $7.41, which is $1.27 higher than last year

Interest payments clocked in at $3.26, which is up $0.08 from last month and up $2.68 from last year.

I made two stock purchases this month.  I added two shares of Westrock (WRK) and 3 shares of Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT).  The latter is a dividend aristocrat, and a fairly cheap one at that (the best kind.)

There was one other stock related event that occurred this month.  It turns out I had some unclaimed property.  Looking into it, I discovered that it was Disney stock. This was originally Marvel stock that I had received back in high school (after Best Buy but well before Barnes and Noble).  Me being into comics, it was a logical pick.  When Disney bought Marvel, it got sucked up.  I think there were forms that I never got around to filling out and because of that, said stock ended up in Maryland's possession.  After years of laying dormant, I cashed it in and I got a nice check for about $670 dollars.  Not enough to make any major moves, but a nice bump nonetheless.  Technically, part of that (about $250) was dividends.  I could have included that above, but it would have REALLY thrown the numbers off going forward, so I'm just keeping it separate.     I did consider re-buying Disney stock (I intend to do this at some point regardless.) Just throwing it into the IRA was also an option.  Instead, I'm just parsing it out gradually.

And with that, I think that wraps things up.  The month could have been better as far as growth was concerned, but it certainly could have been worse.  I did add some fairly strong names to the portfolio and the unclaimed property gave the month a pretty good kick as well.  As we all know, though, the mid-quarter months are the ones where my portfolio really kicks into high gear* so August's entry will definitely be a fun one. 









                           "stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 


















Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment