Saturday, February 29, 2020

February 2020 Dividend Income: My Corona

Better than wine, flowers, or chocolates; February gave the sweet gift of dividends.  This being a mid-quarter month means that it was quite a big haul for me.  As such, let's get right to it and start logging the numbers.

AT&T (T): $1.11 Up $0.04 from last quarter due to DRIP and a dividend increase and up $0.09 from last year.

Sprague Resources (SRLP): $8.16 Up $0.30 from last quarter due to DRIP.  Year over year increase was $4.71 due to DRIP and shares bought.

AGNC: $0.17  Same as last month and last quarter.

Diversified Healthcare Trust (DHC); This used to be Senior Housing, but they went through some big overhaul and name change. In any event, the dividend clocked in at $0.16, which is the same as last quarter but down YoY due to share sales after a dividend cut.

Five Star Senior Living (FVE): $0.33   I...I don't own stock in this company.  I don't know where this came from.  I assume it's tied to the above re-tool, but it doesn't show up anywhere in my portfolio or on the projected earnings page.  Oh, it gets weirder.  If you look the company up, they aren't a dividend payer. There's no yield or ex-dividend date, it's all just lines indicating no payout.  It makes no sense, even though it did make me some cents.

Omega Healthcare (OHI): $2.19 Up $0.03 from last quarter from DRIP and a dividend increase. YoY increase was $0.17

Realty Income (O): $0.73 Up $0.02 from last month due to DRIP and a dividend increase.

Best Buy (BBY): $3.50.  This will be the last "wrong" month, as I now set this to reinvest, it should also allow for a bit of growth going forward.  I am going to miss the checks, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Hormel (HRL): $0.71 Up $0.28 from last quarter and up $0.29 from last year.  This is due to DRIP, a dividend increase, and a purchase.

Tanger Factory Outlets (SKT):  $1.48  Up $0.03 from last quarter due to DRIP

Kinder Morgan (KMI): $1.02  Up a penny from last quarter due to DRIP.

Paychex (PAYX): $1.29 Up a penny

Arconic (ARNC): $0.02 Same as before.

Westrock (WRK): $1.42 Up a penny from their last payment

Publix (non 401K): $0.30 same as last quarter.

Speaking of the 401K, Publix did also add $1.47 to that account.  That's a $0.26 increase from last quarter.

Another fund threw in $0.64, which is up $0.12 from last quarter.

The non-401K dividends clocked in at $22.59, which is only a slight increase from November.  Throwing in the 401K, though, brings it to $24.70.  Why, yes, that is another record month.

This month wasn't too active on the buying front.  Just an AT&T purchase that I had written about a few days ago.  With the market in a tailspin, deploying more capital would have been nice, but oh well.  DRIP is still in effect and the 401K is still funded so even though I'm not making any major moves, I'm still getting some benefit from that whole kerfluffle.

It's not fun watching the account value drop the way it is, but one of the perks to being a small time newbie investor is the fact that even though my portfolio has taken some hits, the losses haven't been huge. The fact that my portfolio is more dividend based also helps take some of the sting out.  It makes riding it out a bit easier.

On a somewhat related note, interest payments clocked in at $3.06, which is up a cent from last month.  With my having moved more money into the IRA's, I'm wondering if I should compartmentalize the liquid interest and the retirement interest like I do with the dividends.  It's something I might try out later on down the line, but it could be interesting to see. 

That about wraps things up.  It was a pretty big month, all things considered.  Had a record broken, some solid growth, a market swan dive, and even a mysterious anomaly to add some extra flavor to the proceedings.  What does the remainder of 2020 have in store? Only time will tell.




             
                            "stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 














Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment