Monday, November 25, 2019

April 2019 Dividend Income: Recoup

April has come to a close, which means that it's time, once again, to log the dividends.  Let's do it.

Iron Mountain (IRM): $0.61
Franklin Resources (BEN): $0.52
Armanino Foods (AMNF): $0.28
Realty Income (O): $0.69

This brings the sub-total to $2.10

Both Best Buy and Barnes and Noble seem to have pushed their dividend to May.  As a result, the grand total is significantly less than last quarter.  I'm alright with that, though my mid-quarter months were already my biggest anyway, but it should make next month's report more fun to write.

Armanino upped their dividend a bit, which is always welcome.  I think Realty had an increase as well, though it's hard to tell with that one at this point.

The 401K threw in an extra $0.36, bringing the grand total to $2.46.

Interest payments came in at $2.49.  That's right.  Interest scores its first win with this post.  I'm not averse to it happening more frequently (gotta keep things interesting, right?) but we'll see how things play out.

While my Publix purchase from last month did finally go through, I didn't make any stock purchases this month.  I know a lot of DGI folk didn't, due to rising stock prices, but for me, I was just more focused on beefing up my bank accounts and regaining ground on this year's saving challenges. I'm not caught up quite yet, but things are getting back on track.

There was, however, a stock sale (all but one share as I did with CenturyLink) as Senior Housing (SNH) cut their dividend....Excuse me a moment.

*Deep breath*

#%##! @%^&!  #%&&!   %#@^! &*#!!  #^&*!  $@%^!  #@%%#!

3.....2....1

Serenity now.

I'm OK.

Oh, and AGNC announced a cut.  I'm not sweating this one too much.  I knew going in that it was iffy; it's why I only bought one share.  It's only 8 cents a year, so whatever.  The timing, however, is hilarious.  It holds steady for over a year and it decides to drop the second I stick my toe in the water, ridiculous.

This has given me an idea regarding my investing strategy.  We know that I have a tendency to buy stock when work annoys me.  I haven't been able to as of late, but I'm looking to remedy that in the months to come.  In any event, I think I might start adding dividend cut purchases for extra retaliatory passive income.  Naturally, the purchase would be in ANOTHER company, but it should mitigate the sting a bit.  I have a feeling both Armanino and Barnes and Noble are going to be the go-to's with this, given the low price tag, but we'll see what happens when it happens.

That about wraps things up for this month.  Nothing too special, but that's bound to happen from time to time.  Will things be more impressive next month?  They May.






"stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 














Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment