Monday, February 1, 2021

January 2021 Dividend Income: Senzu Bean


 



Just like that, the first month of the new year is done.  It hasn't been too shabby, in all honesty.  It's been busy, but I can't complain.  I've been tuning out the news and pulling away from social media (you'd be surprised what a positive effect that has.)  I upped both my 401K and United Way contributions.  I've also been more fiscally aggressive. This was helped, in part, by the $600 economic impact payments that went out earlier in the month.   

As we do, it's time to log the dividends. January is in a tough spot.  We're coming off two strong months, with November's record breaking mid-quarter and December's big 401K payout.  So, right there, this is when some of the air gets let out of the balloon and the numbers start to come back down to Earth. It's made worse by the fact that it's followed by another mid-quarter month.  As far as positions on the dividend calendar go, it's really the worst spot to be in.  Nevertheless, it persists, so with that in mind, let's get to it.

Armanino Foods (AMNF): $0.19  Same as last quarter

Invesco Powershares High Dividend Low Volatility ETF (SPHD): $0.01

ViacomCBS (VIAC): $0.24

GlobalXSuperdividend (SDIV): $0.02

AGNC: $0.28  (+ $0.14 QoQ due to DRIP and a share buy; +$ 0.11 YoY

Franklin Resources (BEN): $2.37 (+ $0.11 QoQ; + $0.46 YoY)

Leggett & Platt (LEG): $0.41 Up a penny from last quarter

Pepsi (PEP): $1.13 (+ $0.05 QoQ; + $0.17 YoY)

Best Buy (BBY): $3.92  Up a penny from last quarter

Realty Income (O): $1.02  Up 2 cents from last month due to DRIP and a partial share buy

Iron Mountain (IRM): $3.41 (+ $0.08 QoQ; + $1.48 YoY)

This brings the sub-total to $12.99, which is $0.54 higher than last quarter and up $6.34 from last year.

Over in the 401K, the Baird Aggregate Bond fund thew in $0.63.  It's a down a couple of cents from last quarter, but higher than last year.  

All in all, the portfolio pulled in $13.62, not too much growth QoQ, but the YoY spread is much better.  

Interest clocked in at $2.57. How banks can boast about high yield savings accounts at this point is beyond me.



 

In addition to the Robinhood buys (which you can read about here and here) I also made some moves over in my primary brokerage account.  I made single share buys of Kimberly Clark (KMB), People's United (PBCT), Lumen (LUMN),  and Wendy's (WEN).  A share of Tanger (SKT) was added as well, seeing as they announced that they were bringing their dividend back, albeit at a lower amount than it was pre-suspension.  Still, it's better than nothing.

I also sold my last remaining share of Bed, Bath, and Beyond (BBBY).  I wasn't really sweating the 'wallstreetbets" stuff.  I only had one share with a buy point of $8.  There really wasn't too much that could happen there that would affect me drastically.  Still, I had family members texting me telling me to sell, so I caved and sold it at $45.  It wasn't paying a dividend anyway, so I can't really say that cashing out was a bad move.  I took that money and used it for coke...a share of Coca-Cola (KO) to be more specific.  Yes, I know the "C" should have been capitalized, but keeping it lower cased makes the joke work, so just roll with it.  This did eliminate two one share positions in one fol swoop.  I'm hoping to phase those out in the months ahead.

The portfolio has been updated accordingly.  

All in all, January was OK.  Bad spot aside, the numbers were solid, sans the interest which needs to stop going down.  Hopefully, this'll break the $20 barrier this year; we'll see.  Next month's post should definitely be fun, though.



Click here to open a Robinhood account

Click here to open an E-Trade account

Click here to become an E-Poll member

Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment