Wednesday, November 13, 2019

January 2019 Dividend Income: Triple D's

Double digit dividends, baby!  OK, it's not the most illustrious milestone, but I think it's something.  From what I've read, hitting markers like this is what keeps you motivated; so let's just go with it.  On a completely random note, how is January done already?  It honestly seems like the year just started and we're already a month in, craziness.  Enough rambling, on with the numbers.

Best Buy (BBY) dropped $6.30 on me this month.  It's weird.  The company didn't split and I didn't buy any new shares.  I just got two checks.  Was it a holiday thing?  Maybe they want to take a cue from Realty and up the dividend frequency, who knows?  Either way, I'll take it.

Armanino Foods (AMNF) paid $0.25, which is up from last quarter.  This was due to purchasing more shares not too long ago.

Realty Income (O) paid $0.67.  That's up a whole penny from last month.  Both DRIP and a dividend increase played a part in this.  Given my small position at this point, the overall effect isn't much, but it's better than nothing.

Barnes and Noble (BKS) paid $2.92, up $0.07.  That increase is due entirely to dividend reinvestment.  The low price and the (relatively) large position in my portfolio make this one of the faster growers.  As this is the company with the most personal stake for me, I'm OK with that; though I am working on balancing things out as far as position weight goes.

All in all, the portfolio brought in $10.14 in income.  Granted, it's a total fluke due to the Best Buy anomaly, but Jimmy wants to crack corn; I don't care.

As per usual, the 401K did kick in a little something, something.  Sadly, it's nowhere near as impressive as last month.  $0.16 in dividends came in through this, bringing the grand total to an even $10.30.

Bank interest delivered $2.01.  That's sort of a milestone in its own right.  It's up $0.40 from last month, so the trajectory is still looking pretty good.

I made two additions to the portfolio this month.  The first was 2 shares of AT&T (T).

The second was 2 shares of Franklin Resources (BEN....get it?)  Both are dividend aristocrats and both were fairly easy on the wallet.  They'll make good additions I think.

The latter purchase was actually scheduled for February, but I made it a couple of days early, because why not?  Does this mean that February will go without a stock purchase?  On the one hand, I'd say it's unlikely, but it would give the cash a chance to accumulate a little.  We'll have to see.

DRIP is enabled on AT&T, but I have to wait a couple of more days before I can do the same with Franklin.

There actually was another portfolio related move done in the past 4 weeks, but as it's more pertinent to next month's post, I'll save it.  I'd cite this as some kind of sequel hook, but if you follow me on Twitter, you already know what it is.

All in all, not a bad start to the new year.  There's still a lot of work to do, though.  Normally, I'd say 11 months is plenty of time, but the way January went, it might not be as much time as we think.  In any event, onward and upward...tally ho and all that.








"stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 
















Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment