Tuesday, November 26, 2019

May 2019 Dividend Income: Revenge! The Time is Now!!!

And just like that, May is down for the count.  Time really does fly.  In any event, it's time to log the dividends, like ya do.  Let's get to it.

Sprague Resources (SRLP): $3.58 - Up $0.13 from last quarter as a result of dividend reinvestment.  Better yet, the price seems to have stabilized.  I had this nagging feeling that this would be the next dividend cut, but they have a few years of increases behind them, and it's remained steady; so, here's hoping.

Omega Healthcare (OHI): $2.05 - Up $0.03 also from dividend reinvestment.

Paychex (PAYX): $1.26 - Up $0.13 from both reinvestment and a dividend increase.  That's right, an increase, not a cut.  The number went up, not down.

Hormel (HRL): $0.42 - Same as before.

Realty Income (O): $0.69 - Same as last month.   I may have to add some shares to this one and give it a boost in the near future.

AT&T (T): $1.04 - Up $0.02 from reinvested dividends

Senior Housing (SNH): $0.15, down big from the last round, due to both the previously mentioned dividend cut and subsequent share sales.

AGNC: $0.18 - A relative newcomer, I know that this number is going to be dropping a bit, but it won't be that devastating all things considered.

Arconic (ARNC): $0.02 - The yield and payout ratio on this one are quite low.  I think it has potential. However, at this point, the yield is actually too low.  As such, I can't really justify pumping more money into this just yet.  On the plus side, this should be a safe one for the time being.

Barnes and Noble (BKS): $2.99 - Up another $0.07 compared to their last payout due to dividend reinvestment.

Publix: I received $1.02 from Publix this month.  Interestingly, only $0.30 came in to my regular checking account, while the other $0.72 came courtesy of the 401K.  I was unsure of how to go about presenting that, but this straight forward approach worked pretty well.  I actually surprised myself with that one.

Speaking of the 401K, it also threw in another $0.37 in dividend revenue courtesy of one of the other funds.

That brings the non 401K dividend total to $12.68.  With the 401K numbers thrown in, we get a grand total of $13.77.

Is that an all time record? I think that's an all time record.  Go me.

Interest payments clocked in at $2.72.  It's a decent increase compared to last month's, but it was no match for the dividends this go around.

With the first few months of the year dedicated to saving up for the car down payment and April being a rebuilding month, I haven't really been able to build the portfolio as much as I would have liked.  I hadn't even been able to make my trademark "work annoyed me" purchases (you'd be surprised what a necessary cathartic agent that becomes.)  On top of that, I got hit with an inordinate amount of dividend cuts.  You could have made a drinking game out of it. It was bordering on parody. Suffice it to say, I was nettled...super nettled.

As such, I decided to come out swinging this month.  I didn't actually add any new positions.  Instead, I reinforced already existing ones.  I bought 3 shares of Flowers Foods (FLO), 3 shares of Kroger (KR), 4 shares of Wendy's (WEN), and 2 shares of Iron Mountain (IRM).  I wanted to add another share or two of Publix, but I didn't get around to it, maybe later this year.

That looks like a lot, but as far as capital deployed, it really wasn't all that much, especially compared to say that or that.  I'll get there one day.  In any event, the purchases did give my forward income a much needed boost, so it did accomplish its goal.  It should also get the snowball rolling faster than if I had just added another batch of small positions to the roster.

All in all, I'm very happy with this month's results.  Broke a record, there were no cuts, juiced up the portfolio a good bit; not too shabby all things considered.  Hopefully, there's more months like this.  I don't have a punny way to close out this post like I did last time so.....









"stock dividend" by CreditDebitPro is licensed under CC BY 2.0 




















Click here to become a Swagbucks member

No comments:

Post a Comment